Monday, February 25, 2013

Nancy and Brian (Part One)

 Brian and Nancy tied the knot this past Saturday at the spectacular Dolphins Resort, a place so beautiful and quaint you'll never want to leave! 


 It is the perfect location for a wedding; especially when there are a lot of out-of-town guests  in need of accommodation.

And Brian and Nancy picked the perfect day as well!  The sun was shining and the temperature was relatively mild for February.

I was excited as I drove to Campbell River, particularly because I had never met Brian and Nancy!  They had traveled from Nanaimo and we had been emailing and talking on the phone for months, but we had never actually met face-to-face.

The plan was for me to call Nancy on her mobile phone when I arrived at the resort.  She had originally thought that she wouldn't want any 'preparation' shots, so I was surprised when she invited me to join her in the beach house as she got ready.  I knew the moment I set eyes on Nancy that I would like her.  She greeted me at the door in her rollers and robe and said, "Come on in, Karen, it's cold out there!  Take off your coat!  Warm up inside!" and she proceeded to introduce me to her mom, Shirley, and her daughter Rebecca before continuing to apply her make-up.

Here's Rebecca:


And Rebecca with her grandmother:



When Nancy asked me to check her eyeliner, I felt like one of the girls.  And that set the tone for the entire day.  I didn't feel like I'd been hired to do a job, I felt like part of the family;  I passed tissues, I moved worms, I held arms, I hugged new friends... and it all began with Nancy.

Soon after I arrived, these two beauties arrived at the door:



 Nancy's daughter and grand-daughter: Shannon and Erin.





Here's the excited and beautiful bride, laughing with her daughter and grand-daughter:


I loved seeing the four generations of women together.  The photo below captures the girls seeing Nancy in her gown for the first time.



And before we knew it, it was time for the ceremony!







I'll keep you all in suspense and post the second instalment of this wonderful wedding tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment