Saturday, October 18, 2014

Handsome Hotsenpillers

I love the Hotsenpillers.

I've known this family since I was eleven or twelve years old, and I find it such a privilege to watch their lives unfold.  I've seen Russell evolve from a jean-vest clad pre-teen to a proud father and husband.  It's very cool to watch a family expand and evolve over time.

When Russell's wife Marci called about scheduling a session while her parents were in town, she had a very clear vision.  "You know all the beautiful fall colours that most people use as a backdrop this time of year?"  Marci began.

"Yes," I said, picturing their beautiful piece of land near Kitty Coleman.

"Well, I don't want that!" said Marci.

Her vision was classic; a simple black backdrop with the emphasis on the subjects...not the background.  Music to my ears!

I so enjoyed my time with the Hotsenpillers and the Crossans.  Seeing everyone interact with wee Dash, the newest member of the Hotsenpiller clan, was beautiful.

You've made a spectacular choice in joining this family, Dashiel!!!  You will be well-loved!

(We missed Louise, Russell's mom, but will hopefully get some photos of her with her gorgeous grandsons soon.)










No comments:

Post a Comment