Saturday, June 18, 2011

Crashing Clowns and Muscle Men

What do Brazilian dancers, clowns, muscle men, politicians, and cool musicians all have in common?  The Comox Recreation Centre!  I was hired to photograph the Centre's Grand Opening on June 17th, and felt honoured to be a part of it.

Photographing events is satisfying on so many different levels; on a personal level, it's a thrill to be right in the middle of the celebratory energy that permeates such an event, and I enjoy meeting a wide variety of people.  On a professional level, I am always kept on my toes because of the technical challenges that event photography offers.

My favourite shot of the day was this one:

























This couple shared a private giggle when I asked their permission to take a photograph.  They reminded me of a quote I read the other day, "Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle."  Amy Bloom
(Now, these two could have been on their first date for all I know, or they may not even know each other's names... but it's a sweet quotation, nonetheless!)

It was an inspiring event.  Inspiring to think of what it took to make this vision a reality, and inspiring to think of the many people in our community who will enjoy it for years to come.  Congratulations to all!
















1 comment: