Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Special Gift/Comox Valley Photographer

Last December I got a call from a lovely woman named Charlie who wanted to purchase a gift certificate for her co-worker.  She collected contributions from her staff so that they could surprise their friend Julie with a special gift; a portrait session for her family.

Seven months later, on a warm evening in July, our photo shoot finally took place.  Julie's five grown-up kids hadn't been in the same place at the same time since 2005, so it was an auspicious occasion.  What I love about seeing adult siblings together, is that you can see glimpses of their kid-selves in their interactions with each other.  They were tender and loving and goofy...there were 'jazz hands' involved.

I'm biased of course, but I think that Charlie organized a pretty special gift for her friend.  I'm glad that I  got to be a part of it!













No comments:

Post a Comment