Sunday, April 22, 2012

Talking to the animals...

A wonderful woman hired me to photograph some inanimate characters for a project she is working on.  Instead of bringing the characters to my studio, we decided that it would be fun to shoot them outside in their natural habitat.  I started off at Anne's home, then took the characters to MacDonald Park and worked my way down to the beach.

I have to tell you, I had so much fun with this photo shoot!  It was just me and the stuffies in the great outdoors and I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I realized that I was talking to them!  It's true!  I told Eagle something to the effect of, "Oooo, this gives you some nice warm light on your face,"  as I held a reflector up to him.  It suddenly occurred to me that I'd been talking aloud to all of the animals and I was on the fourth character!  At least thirty minutes of 'stuffy-talk' had transpired!  For some reason, it really tickled me.  I had such a good laugh that tears rolled down my face.

So there I was, alone in the forest with the sun streaming down through the trees on a glorious Spring day; I was on my knees with my camera in hand, having a good guffaw with eleven stuffed animals. You can't really plan such moments, but it was a beauty.

I'd like to thank you, Anne Gardner, for using me for this project.  You are a creative genius and I know that your efforts will help many children across the country!

Here is a sneak peek of one of the shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment