Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's a NEW day! | Comox Valley Photographer

I'm so excited to officially launch my new photography business!!!  I've got a new look, a new website, a new blog, a new studio, new equipment, and some new ideas... but it's the same old me behind the lens! 


I want to acknowledge the many extraordinary people who have helped me build my portfolio this past year.  I appreciate the leap of faith it takes to put yourselves in the hands of an emerging photographer, and I can't thank you enough.  


The first photos I'm going to share with you aren't of a recent photo shoot, I chose them for my first blog post because they represent where I'm at right now.  I spent some time watching this robin as she gathered nest-building-materials from my garden, then she flew to the top of the neighbour's garage and paused to look at her surroundings.




She was well-prepared; she had what she needed to start her project, and she was ready to make it happen, but it seemed as though she just needed a minute to get her bearings before taking off.  She paced back and forth along the roof a few times, then stopped and stared out at the world once more.




About a minute after this photo was taken, the robin did take flight.  I tried to see where she was headed, but quickly lost sight of her because her ascent was so swift.  
(I should be so lucky!)

2 comments:

  1. Great photos and parallels. Am I biased or able to be objective? It's the latter since I know I am capable of taking off my "Mom" hat. I just happen to carry around a little more pride of your work than others! Happy blogging - happy you are back at it Grateful Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom. I think you're objectively biased and I love you for it!

    ReplyDelete