Sunday, April 17, 2011

My first official wedding shoot! Vancouver Island Wedding Photographer

I love weddings.  I don't think there are enough occasions in our lives where we gather together and celebrate love.  Although I've enjoyed photographing many weddings as a guest, I'm new to the business of wedding photography.  I'm anxious to get my feet wet.

Needless to say, when a woman named Melanie called me last month to ask if I could photograph her wedding the following week, I was elated!  Melanie sounded very relaxed on the phone as she described her wedding to me: very small, uncomplicated, laid-back, and it was being held at The Old House Restaurant.



Things were happening so quickly that I didn't have a chance to meet Melanie, or her fiancee Kevin, prior to the wedding, so the first time I saw the bride was only moments before she said, "I DO!"
When Melanie appeared looking like a Greek Goddess, I think my smile was almost as big as the groom's!


I honestly couldn't have asked for a more perfect first wedding to shoot!  The bride and groom were not only beautiful, but also very kind and generous.  The guests were lovely, the setting was gorgeous, and the weather cooperated too!  I am so grateful that Melanie and Kevin trusted me to capture their big day.  I will never forget it.








If you like what you've seen, and you know someone who is getting married soon, please lead them to me!  Because this is my first season, I'm offering a 50% wedding-portfolio-building discount to the the first four couples who book their weddings with me.

$650.00 includes: 
3-4 hours of shooting, 
1-2 locations, 
a disc of high resolution images in colour and black and white with printing rights,  
and a complementary engagement photo session.


Congratulations Melanie and Kevin!  Have a happy life together!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, creative as usual. You are talented. And I love the Robin photos as well! Look forward to seeing you and sharing when I get home.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment Neil. Support from a master photog like yourself means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info of wedding venues,event hall,catering. I’m happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

    Wedding Venues Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete