Monday, July 30, 2012

Musicfest Makes me Happy!!! | Comox Valley Photographer

Vancouver Island Musicfest might just be my favourite weekend of the year.




I have been enjoying the festival for years as an audience member, but these past two years I have volunteered as a photographer on the Musicfest Media crew, and my enjoyment of the festival has surpassed all expectations.


To be able to enjoy live, collaborative performances by accomplished musicians in an atmosphere of joy and peace and kindess with a camera in my hand is my idea of a GOOD TIME!!!  (It was also a bit of a thrill to have a bit of a buzz surround a couple of my photos during the weekend of the festival.  I was contacted to do an interview on jet fm as well as have my images posted on the cbc website.) 

KD Lang had us all spellbound when she sang, "Halleluhiah," Friday night.  Her voice was pure silk.  You can tell by these images that she's a performer who leaves her heart out on the stage.  



  


Another highlight was the fabulous Emmylou Harris who shone as bright as the star she is.  I heard from other media crew members that she was a kind and generous musician, traveling around to all of the stages throughout the day to listen to other artists and offer words of encouragement.



I'd read a lot about The Sheepdogs prior to the festival because of the Rolling Stones buzz that surrounded them, so I had pretty high expectations.  My favourite performances of theirs were on the Grierson stage.


To be on a stellar volunteer crew, with the talented Susan Wood at the helm, was icing on the cake.   Thank you to everyone who had anything to do with this amazing festival, especially the musicians.  I feel so blessed to have witnessed your magic.
























No comments:

Post a Comment