Monday, July 30, 2012

My July | Comox Valley Portrait Photographer

This summer, my husband and I decided that I wouldn't book any photography sessions during the month of July so that he could guide a three-week rafting trip (work,) and plan a week-long kayak trip (play.)  It was a tough decision business-wise, given that summer is a portrait photographer's busiest season, but it meant that my main goal for the month was to enjoy my daughters, and that was such a gift!

(I did manage to sneak in some volunteer photography work at the Vancouver Island Music Festival, but I'll save that for another post!)

Now that my month-long holiday with my daughters has come to an end, I'm looking forward to the sessions I have next month, but I thought I would share a personal photo of my daughters before I transition back into work-mode.





I think any parent would be hard-pressed to describe the love they feel for their children, but the quotation that continues to pop into my head when I think of my girls is from the Bard himself, "The more I love, the more I have to give."

I feel as though my daughters have had the same impact on me as The Whos down in Whoville had on The Grinch.  You know the visual I'm referring to, when The Grinch's heart grows three sizes, then pops right out of his chest?  That's how I feel.  Unlike the Grinch, I was a loving, happy person prior to having children, but my daughters have forever changed me.  I'm softer in the middle.

So...my accountant may not like my July; but I sure did!




No comments:

Post a Comment